Healthy Gluten free banana bread with a sprinkling of festive cheer. If you fancy just making a regular banana bread but feel it isn’t festive enough then look no further than a dash of Christmas sprinkles to transform it. As well as being gluten free this banana bread is also jam packed with goodness making it perfect for a quick snack or even breakfast!
I know banana bread doesn’t really meet the Christmas bill in terms of recipes but when you just fancy something simple and are a bit sick of chocolate then this is the perfect recipe to go for. I added a few Christmas sprinkles to the top to make it a bit festive but if its any other time of year you could just add regular sprinkles for a bit of a birthday cake banana loaf!
The base of this banana bread like many I have made is using gluten free oats! I then packed it with moisture through adding eggs, cacao butter, yoghurt, maple syrup, apple puree and of course bananas!
If you fancy a video version of this recipe then check out my Instagram page…. Cleanleanbakes where I’ve uploaded it as a post.
Heres the recipe:
- 2 Eggs
- 25g (1/2 cup) cacao butter (melted)*
- 55g (1/4 cup) yoghurt
- 55g (1/4 cup) Maples Syrup
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- Tbsp Apple Puree
- Tsp vanilla extract or a few vanilla flavour drops
- 100g (1 cup) Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- Sprinkles to top
- Preheat oven to 180oc and line a bread/loaf pan with parchment paper
- Melt the Cacao butter (or butter of your choice) in the microwave and set aside to cool
- Whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, syrup, yogurt, extract and butter until smooth
- Mix in the oat flour and baking powder until smooth and creamy
- Fold in sprinkles then add to loaf pan and bake in oven for about 50mins- 1 hour
- Slice and enjoy
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!