Indulgent Biscoff Banana Bread- this recipe is not only Vegan but its also Gluten Free. Although I’ve added indulgent in the title this Banana Bread is actually also refined sugar free and low in calories!
I think a banana bread features in my house at least once a month. I have quite a few on my site Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread and Chocolate Chip Apple Banana Bread are just a couple, as they are just so versatile and so easy to make.
I love how with banana breads you can pretty much make them up from things you have in the cupboard and when I saw a jar of Biscoff Spread in my cupboard I knew this needed to be my new banana bread addition as I’m just loving Biscoff right now!
ANOTHER great thing about banana bread is you can easily substitute for different things, e.g. you could use chocolate spread instead of Biscoff Spread and add gluten free flour instead of plain flour. I also made this banana bread vegan but if you weren’t vegan you could sub one of the bananas for an egg for a bit of added protein and healthy fat. Anyway you make it, I can pretty much guarantee it’ll taste amazing!
Heres the recipe:
- Dry ingredients
- 130g (1 cup) plain flour (or sub with gf flour)
- 65g (1\2 cup) of almond flour / oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp dried ginger
- 40g (¼ cup) stevia zero calorie sugar or demerara sugar
- 50g (½ cup) chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- Wet ingredients
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp biscoff spread
- 3 Biscoff Biscuits
- Tbsp Biscoff Spread
- Few Chocolate Chips
- Pour the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together
- In another bowl, mash the bananas together, then mix together with the biscoff spread
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined
- Pour the banana mix into a greased loaf tin then sprinkle with more chocolate chips, lotus biscuits and spread on top
- Bake at 160ºC for 35 minutes *stick a knife in the centre and make sure it comes out clean, if not add a further 5 minutes
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!