So I’m back with a savoury recipe for a change, three ingredient air fryer (or oven) bagels!! You’ll need only oats, yoghurt and baking powder! Super easy and healthy without the added extra artificial ingredients that come from shop bought bagels and they are also gluten free and high in protein!
These for sure are my new favourite go to for lunch! Particularly when stuffed with cream cheese and smoked salmon they are heaven! I have to say I was initially sceptical that making a bagel could be so easy. You simply mix three ingredients together, mould it into a bagel shape and put them in your air fryer for around 15 minutes! You can use an oven in exactly the same way if you don’t have an air fryer.
The texture is just like a regular bagel, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I used oat flour in the recipe but you could use regular flour, gluten free flour or cassava flour. It is however important to use a thick greek yoghurt as oppose to a natural or greek style yoghurt.
I added a bit of egg white to the top of mine before frying to get the golden brown colour and topped with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, but you could just sprinkle with a few seeds.
Heres the recipe:
- ½ Cup of Gluten Free Oat Flour (Oats blended)
- ½ Cup 0% Greek Yoghurt
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Egg wash
- Mixed Seeds
- Blitz the oats to form a flour if you don't have oat flour itself and place in a bowl with the baking powder
- Gradually add the yoghurt and mix with the back of a spoon or with your hands to form a dough until its well combined
- Mould into a Bagel Shape
- If using add the egg wash and seeds
- Place in the air fryer at 185oc for around 15 minutes until golden on top or in the oven for around 20 minutes
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!