I think the title for this recipe does all the talking with the combination of two magical foods…granola and peanut butter! To me this is heaven in a bowl! The granola is very low in sugar unlike regular shop bought granolas, with an added protein kick from the peanut butter.
When mixed with almond milk or alongside yoghurt and berries it truly was the yummiest healthy breakfast or often snack in my case too (whoops!).
I added in some cornflakes for an extra bit of crunchy texture alongside the oats which worked a treat. The peanut butter also compliments the added cinnamon perfectly and helps to bind all the ingredients together. As unlike a lot of granolas theres very little coconut oil used in this recipe. I also used a zero sugar fruit syrup to keep the sugar levels low but you could use any liquid sweetener you have in your cupboard.
Heres the recipe:
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp zero sugar syrup or honey/maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 110g (2½ cup) jumbo oats
- 30g (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup gluten free cornflakes
- Preheat your oven to 180c and liner a tray with baking paper.
- In a pan, gently melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and sweetener of choice together. Stir through the spices.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Pour over the wet ingredients and stir everything together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Spread this over your baking sheet and pop into the oven for 15 minutes, tossing half away through to prevent burning.
- Once cooled store in an airtight jar/container.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favourite non-dairy milk and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!