go Who doesn’t love pancakes?! Especially when they are healthy. This recipe for protein pancakes is free of wheat, added sugar and made with muscle-repairing, craving busting protein. This simple recipe for protein pancakes takes minutes to prepare and is a great way to kick-start your day with a protein boost!
Why should you have protein in the morning? Well, research has shown that people who include protein at breakfast have better appetite control throughout the day, a win for the protein pancake!
You can use the basic recipe without the Matcha Green Tea powder. However i add this due to it having so many health benefits:
- Its packed with antioxidants
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 30g Vanilla Whey Protein Power
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mash the banana in a small bowl
- For fluffy pancakes separate the yolk from the egg white, add the yolk to the banana
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl
- Fold in the Whey powder and Matcha powder
- Finally carefully fold in the egg white
- Fry a large spoonfull in coconut oil for around 3 minutes on each side
I served mine with Greek yogurt (for extra protein) and warmed fruit!