If you love a mint chocolate combination then you’ll love these no bake protein bars. They are gluten free and vegan. Each bar contains 5g of healthy fats and 9g Protein!
Although i don’t follow any particular diet and just aim for an overall healthy one. Every now again I try and make recipes that will fit those that do. Im a big fan of using egg whites in my recipes which obviously not then suitable for vegans. So for a vegan alternative to my usual protein bars i came up with these and believe me they taste just as good! For another great vegan recipe check out my Vegan Chocolate and Banana Cookie Sandwich
I used pea protein along with ground almonds and coconut flour as sources of protein. This combined with peanut butter and coconut oil makes the tastiest little snack bar: perfect for those on the go snacks that cost less than supermarket bars. Although i love mint flavour chocolate if your not a fan you could change this for an orange flavour or any other flavour of your choosing. See below for this quick and easy recipe:
- 70g pea protein powder
- 8g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 8g coconut flour
- 25g peanut butter
- 3 tbsp low cal fruit syrup
- 1tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 25g dairy-free chocolate
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- Line a medium-large bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almonds, coconut flour and cacao powder. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
- Add in nut butter, syrup, melted coconut oil, and peppermint extract. Stir gently until well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time, until mixture forms into crumbled dough texture. Dough should be moist, but slightly crumbly.
- Press mixture into prepared pan with slightly wet hands. Flatten as much as you can.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together, 10-30 seconds, in increments, until chocolate is melted, then add in peppermint extract and stir again.
- Pour melted chocolate over bars and place in freezer for 30 minutes, or refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Lift parchment paper from pan and cut into 8 bars.
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, and in freezer well wrapped for up to 3 months.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!