This no-bake passionfruit ‘cheesecake’ is the best healthy take on a standard cheesecake. It is gluten free, refined sugar free and full of protein with no compromise on taste and flavour!
You’ll have seen a few ‘cheesecakes’ pop up on my blog (Acai Protein Cheesecake, Raw Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake) it is definitely one of my favourite desserts and always has been seen I was a child. However, I have to say I much prefer my homemade versions of cheesecake compared to shop bought cheesecakes which to me now taste way too sugary (but thats just my preference and not to say you shouldn’t enjoy those as well).
I tend to favour chocolatey or berry based cheesecakes therefore I thought it would be interesting to try a less common and more tangy fruit for the flavour; Passionfruit which works perfectly with the vanilla flavoured Kefir Yoghurt. I choose to use Kefir yoghurt as I’m currently loving this type of yoghurt for its gut friendly probiotic boost. The texture is also so thick and creamy. I have also previously used oats as the base for the cake but I decided to try blitzing up gluten free granola which again worked perfectly.
Heres the recipe for you to try..
- 150g (2 cups) Gluten Free Granola
- 20g (1/4 cup) Prunes
- 45g Egg Whites (3 egg whites) *
- 150g (2 cups) Kefir Yoghurt (could also use any other kind of yoghurt)
- ½ Scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein (optional could use vanilla extract)
- 1 Passionfruit
- Seeds for topping
- Place the granola in a Blender and blend until it turns to crumbs then add the Prunes and continue to blend
- Mix in the Egg whites by hand until a sticky but not wet dough forms
- Flatten into a circular silicone tin and place this in the fridge
- Meanwhile mix the yoghurt with the vanilla whey
- Pour this over the base and then add the inside of the passionfruit on top and sprinkle with the seeds
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or in the freezer for 1 hour
- Slice and Enjoy
I’d love to hear your comments below if you try it ?
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!