Super easy, delicious walnut chocolate nut bars that are vegan, gluten free and packed with healthy fats and protein! The perfect afternoon pick me up that’ll keep you happy all week!
Like I said this is one easy healthy no bake snack recipe. Its pretty much a case of blitzing some oats, nuts, peanut butter and dates in a food processor and topping with chocolate! The hardest bit is actually waiting for it to set in the fridge. My kind of recipe!
I love the combination of the oaty nutty base with the creamy chocolate on top and the tahini drizzle. Sit back and have one of these with a cup of tea or coffee and you can thank me later 😉
Each little bite is only 150 calories and contains 10g of healthy fat and 11g carbs which is why when you have one of these it will leave you feeling satisfied for at least a couple of hours. Not like many shop bought high sugar snacks which leave you with more cravings an hour or so later.
Heres the recipe for you to follow:
- Base ingredients;
- 100g oats of choice
- 90g medjool dates pitted (or regular dates softened with boiling water)
- 80g Walnuts
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla or vanilla drops
- ½ tsp all spice or cinnamon
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or vegan choc chips
- 80g vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Tahini or peanut butter to drizzle
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Handful walnuts
- Add the oats to a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Now add the remaining ingredients apart from the cacao nibs and blitz again until you get a dough.
- Mix in the cacao nibs
- Line a baking tray with paper then add the dough. Press down to cover the base and into the corners. I dip the back of a spoon in water then use this to press it down
- Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil together in short bursts until melted
- Now pour over the oats to cover.
- Drizzle the peanut butter/tahini over top of the chocolate and swirl around a little.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes and walnuts on top and place in the fridge to firm up – at least an hour.
- Keep in the fridge.
I buy my cacao nibs, maple syrup, walnuts and peanut butter from MyProtein and my code CLEANLEAN gets 37% off 🙂
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!