Peanut butter isn’t just for dessert that’s for sure! If you’re a peanut butter fan like me you’ll love this savoury combination! Like with my snacks, I aim to get a good balance of Protein, Carbs and Fats in each of my meals and this recipe certainly has that ??
The peanut sauce is so creamy and rich. But what’s even better is the tasty strong flavours come from using only natural raw ingredients.
The recipe is also so versatile. I used butternut squash noodles in this recipe but it also works well with sweet potato noodles. If you’re vegetarian you could also substitute the chicken for tofu or quorn.
If you like to prep your meals a few days in advance! I’ve previously made a double batch and had it for my lunches through the week and it still tastes as amazing on the third day ?
Heres the recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- FOR THE NOODLES
- Tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2cm root ginger
- 200g mushrooms
- 300g butternut squash noodles (or sweet potato noodles)
- 40g Spinach
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tsp Tamari
- Tsp honey
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- Handful of chopped Cashew nuts (optional)
- Tsp chilli flakes
- Juice 1 lime
- Chopped coriander
- Simply grill the chicken breasts for 8 minutes each side while making the noodles.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add the celery, garlic and ginger and sauté over a low heat. Once the celery has softened, add the mushrooms.
- After a minute or so add the noodles and cook for around 5 minutes.
- To make the peanut sauce, simply place all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Once the noodles and mushroom are cooked, add the spinach and the sauce until warmed through.
- Serve the noodles topped with the chicken and chopped coriander.