Craving a Krispy Kreme but counting your macros? Batch cook these protein doughnuts and nom on a sweet alternative treat which goes towards your daily protein quota.
My first lot of doughnuts seemed to go down so well with you guys that I decided I had to make another batch. This time with double the peanut butter and the same moist and fluffy texture.
Like my previous batch of doughnuts these are high in Protein and low in Carbohydrates. With each mini doughnut containing almost 4g Protein. But lets be honest, who’s going to have just one of these?! I like to have two or three as a pre or postworkout snack. Whats great is this recipe is one of the easiest to make especially if you have a doughnut maker and they certainly satisfied my craving for doughnuts!
See below for this low sugar and gluten free recipe…..
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp egg white
- 30g Protein (I used chocolate whey protein)
- 15g Gluten free Oats
- 10g Peanut Flour
- 10g Peanut Butter (5g for the dough and 5g for topping)
- 35ml Almond Milk (can use other milk)
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 10g Chocolate Spread
- 10g Desiccated Coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170oc or heat up your doughnut maker
- Combine all the above ingredients except half the peanut butter and the toppings and blend until a thick batter is formed
- Pour the batter into the doughnut trays
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or according to the doughnut maker
- While the doughnuts are cooling, mix the chocolate spread with a plash of hot water to thin.
- Dip the doughnuts in the chocolate and drizzle with peanut butter and coconut and then transfer the donuts to the fridge so the chocolate can set.
- Now for the best bit...to devour them all!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!