I thought it was about time I shared one of my new favourite go to meals instead of bombarding you all with chocolatey snacks ? It’s taken me a while but Ive finally mastered the art of cooking Tofu and boy is it tasty.
Im not strictly Vegetarian anymore, although I was for 16 years. But I would say my diet is still predominately Vegetarian. Tofu is something I used to love ordering in restaurants but struggled to cook it well without it turning to mush. I’ve tried many ways of cooking it and found baking it in the oven for 20 minutes before frying it is the best way to get tofu that’s crispy on the outside and holds it shape.
Tofu is a great way to get Protein in your diet particularly if you are vegetarian or vegan. The peanut tofu on its own in this recipe is around 19g Protein. Along with an extra 5g of Protein from the wrap! Tofu is also an excellent source of amino acids, iron and other micro nutrients! Although on its own it doesn’t have a strong flavour adding somethings like this peanut sauce steps it up to a whole new level. Particularly if your like me and have a slight peanut butter addiction!
If you wanted to make this recipe lower in carbohydrates you could swap the wrap for a salad or vegetable stir fry.
Heres the recipe….
- 1 Wholemeal Wrap
- 100g Tofu (I used Cauldron)
- 10g garlic and ginger paste
- 4tsp Tamari
- 20g Peanut Butter
- Extras for topping such as; pepper, cheese, spinach, tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Cut the Tofu into chunks and place on the baking tray
- Cook the Tofu for 20 minutes turning each piece half way through cooking
- Meanwhile mix the garlic and ginger paste, Tamari and peanut butter until combined
- Once the Tofu is cooked coat in the mix and fry for 5 minutes until crispy and golden
- Now to make up the wrap with whatever toppings you fancy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!