If there’s one thing I love (aside from chocolate) its carrot cake and cookie skillets! So here you have an epic combination of the two. This healthy recipe is Vegan, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly and High in Protein!
As its currently Veganuary I’m doing my best to bring you as many Vegan recipes as possible which me being me is largely in the form of high protein desserts and snacks. I love how easy skillet recipes are and I have a few on my blog such as Chocolate Almond Cookie Skillet and Chocolate Pumpkin Cookie Skillet.
The base of this Pecan Carrot Cookie Vegan Pie is ground almonds, coconut flour, protein powder and shredded carrot. When you combine this with the flavours of almond butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and pecans its just one incredible combination. Although I added protein powder for that extra protein boost you could ofcourse omit this and sub for extra ground almonds.
This carrot cookie cake has a crunchy outside and that soft gooey cookie center we all love. Plus you can top it off with some ice cream of choice or even some creamy yogurt for a little fancy snack or dessert. Believe me once you have a slice you’ll struggle not to stop. However at only 140 calories you won’t feel to bad for it! This recipe is also great if you’re following a Keto Diet as its high in healthy fats and low in carbs.
Anyway here’s the recipe;
- 55g (1/4 cup) creamy almond butter
- 20g (1/4 cup) melted coconut oil
- 90g (1/3 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg (or sub pasture-raised egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) coconut or stevia sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60g (1/2 cup) organic shredded carrots
- 30g (1/3 cup) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease an 8 or 9 inch cake dish or skillet with oil
- Mix together the nut butter, oil, applesauce, egg and vanilla until creamy
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut sugar, protein, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth and well combined
- Fold in the carrots and pecans then add batter to baking dish
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
- Allow the cake to cool before slicing
- Serve with ice cream or yoghurt for an extra special dessert
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!