These Healthy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are so quick and easy to make even on your busy mornings. They are delightfully crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Not only that they are healthy and high in protein but most importantly full of flavour!! You can also follow this recipe even if you don’t have an air fryer.
This has to be one of my new favourite ways of using my air fryer. You simply make them up, stick them in the air fryer for 12 minutes and while they are frying whip up a coffee and relax. You can also make these up and then freeze them for those mornings when you don’t have to time to make anything and just simply reheat them.
I add protein powder to the mixture more to add flavour, as well as of course adding protein but this is very optional and could just leave out.
I love to serve my french toast sticks with yoghurt, a drizzle of peanut butter and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp Egg white
- 1 Tbsp Protein Powder (optional)
Heres the full recipe:
- 2 Slices of Bread (I used gluten free bread)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Egg Whites *
- 1 Tbsp Protein Powder (optional)- I used vanilla
- ¼ Tsp Cinnamon
- Frying Spray
- Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with parchment paper – this is super important, as it prevents sticking.
- Next, slice your bread into 4 equal sticks. Mix egg, egg whites, cinnamon and protein powder together. Dip bread into egg mixture and coat well, but shake off the excess egg.
- Place sticks on parchment and spray with cooking oil spray. Don’t overcrowd them – you may need to do two batches if your Air Fryer is really small.
- Set to 190 and cook for around 12 minutes, flipping halfway. You may need a little more or a little less time depending on your desired crispiness.
- Place sticks on baking sheet lined with parchment and spray with cooking oil spray. Bake at 190 for 16-18 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!