Protein Biscoff Baked Donuts….. a healthy, low sugar donut that’s packed with protein and with gluten free alternatives… this is one donut you just need to try!! You can enjoy one for less than 100 calories with an added hidden vegetable!
Im going to keep this short and sweet as lets be honest you’re just here for the recipe and I don’t blame you as this is a seriously good one!! Who isn’t a donut fan?! Particularly when you can eat one for less than 100 calories, that’s low in sugar, high in protein and even contains a hidden vegetable!
Yes you heard that right…. to add moisture to this donut I added in pumpkin puree and boy oh boy it works well with the Biscoff flavouring. You can however use apple puree if you don’t have any pumpkin as I know its not exactly pumpkin season right now- most supermarkets still have it in the American section.
The base of this donut uses a small amount of plain flour (you could sub with gluten free flour) alongside protein powder, egg, egg whites and the pumpkin. The frosting is simply made from yoghurt, Biscoff spread and a small amount of protein powder to thicken. It really is a super easy one bowl bake!
Each little donut is only 65 calories and contains 7g Protein!
Heres the recipe:
- 30g Plain Flour
- 30g Protein powder (I used cookies and cream flavour)
- Tsp of sweetener
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 40g Egg whites
- 100g Pumpkin Puree*
- 30g Yoghurt (I used skyr yoghurt)
- Heaped Tbsp Biscoff Spread
- 10g Protein powder (I used cookies and cream flavour)
- A few Toffee Flavour Drops (optional)
- Biscoff Biscuits (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180oc
- Sift the dry ingredients for the donuts into a bowl and mix
- Add the wet ingredients and combine to form the batter
- Spray your donut mould with non-stick oil spray and pour the mix into each. Mine made 7 large donuts.
- Bake in the oven for around 14 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. While they are cooling mix together the ingredients for the frosting and then dip each donut into the frosting. Top with the biscuits if using then enjoy!!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!