As you guys can tell by a couple of my previous posts (PB & J Doughnuts, Peanut Butter Protein Doughnuts, Chocolate Protein Doughnuts) I’m a fan of making protein doughnuts. They are so easy, particularly if you have a doughnut maker, and require only one bowl, which are always the best recipes as less washing up of course!
You can get really creative in the flour you use along with the toppings and flavour of protein. I tend to use coconut flour as I find it works really well but i’ve tried peanut flour in the past as well as gluten free flour which have also worked.
Each one of these little doughnuts contains only 35 calories and 3g protein. So obviously I tend to eat at least 3 at once!! But they make a great pre or post workout snack.
You need only 6 ingredients to make these as well as the toppings you choose…here it is….
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp egg white
- 30g Protein (I used Cacao and Maca Vegan Protein)
- 35g Coconut Flour
- 100ml Oat Milk (can use other milk)
- 2 Tbsp Low Sugar Fruit Syrup (can use maple syrup or honey)
- Toppings e.g. dark chocolate, chocolate flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170oc or heat up your donut maker
- Combine all the above ingredients except the toppings and blend until a thick batter is formed
- Pour the batter into the donut trays
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or according to the donut maker
- While the donuts are cooling, melt the chocolate if you are using. (It's best to do it in a glass bowl over boiling water)
- Once the chocolate liquifies, pour the chocolate over the donuts and sprinkle on your toppings and then transfer the donuts to the fridge so they chocolate can set.