Why buy high sugar shop bought cereal when you can make your own high protein, nutrient dense chocolate chip vanilla matcha cereal packed with chunks of chocolate chips! This cereal is Vegan and Gluten free!
I have always been a big cereal fan. At the end of the day my guilty pleasure is a big bowl of greek yoghurt topped with cereal, berries and ice cream! Heaven! This Vanilla Matcha Cookie Crisp Cereal has replaced my boring bran flakes thats for sure.
To get the Vanilla Matcha Flavour I used Nuzest flavoured Vegan Protein (‘vicky10’ gets 10% off if you want to try it). You could however use a Vanilla Protein and add in Tsp of Matcha Powder. You can of course use what ever protein flavour you like within the cereal, I bet chocolate would work amazingly! There’s also added protein from the flax egg and coconut flour which combined with the powder results in 8g of Protein Per Serving. With only 12g of Carbohydrates per serving this cereal is also much lower in Carbs than your regular cereal.
Heres the recipe for you to try out: let me know what you think in the comments below
- 25g Scoop of Vanilla Matcha Protein (or vanilla protein + tsp Matcha)
- 1 cup (85g) Oats
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Flax Egg (or egg if not Vegan)
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except for the chocolate chips and blitz until a dough is formed
- Fold in the chocolate chips to the dough mixture
- Roll little balls of the dough in your hands and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or until crispy
- Store in an airtight container
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!