One of the latest breakfast trends I can definetly get behind is pancake ‘cereal’! What’s not to love, you have the yummy taste of pancakes with the cuteness of them in cereal form. I added my own twist making this recipe high in protein and gluten free.
You will find a few different pancake recipes on my site such as Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes and Vegan Protein Breakfast Pancakes as I just love a good weekend stack. When initially seeing this trend of mini pancakes I dismissed it as to me pancakes are just the best in a thick and fluffy stack form. However, I caved in last weekend and decided to go for it.
You’ll be right in thinking that this pancake recipe isn’t quite as easy and quick as my usual pancake recipes and does take more time but I actually think it’s worth it!
The recipe itself is very simple and requires only 4 key ingredients:
- Protein Powder or flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Mashed banana
- Almond milk
In order to make the small mini pancakes you’ll require either a pipping bag or a freezer bag with a hole cut out. You basically need something to hold the mixture to allow you to pipe small circles into the pan. If all else fails however you could just use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture in.
I topped mine with fruit and a protein shake which I’d highly recommend.
Heres the recipe:
- 1 small banana
- 1 Egg
- 25g vanilla protein or sub for flour of your choice
- 75ml (1/3) cup of Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- Oil for frying
- Toppings: fruit, milkshake, yoghurt, syrup etc
- Blend all 4 ingredients in a blender. The consistency should be smooth and still thick but pourable.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (I used a coconut oil spray)
- Place the mixture into your pipping bag or freezer bag with a hole in
- Place small dollops of the mixture into the pan. Depending on the size of your pan you might have to do it in batches
- Allow to cook for around 1 min until the bottom turns golden and flip each one to cook on the other side
- Do this with all the batter before placing into a bowl and serving with your toppings
Let me know how you get on in the comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!