If theres one quick and easy pumpkin recipe to try this Autumn its these Pumpkin Muffins. Made from healthy ingredients and even an added vegetable, these Protein Packed Muffins are great as a snack or breakfast on the go. They are also low in sugar as well as being gluten free.
If you’re familiar with my recipes you’ll know I’m a big fan of using vegetables such as courgette (zucchini) and beetroot in baking……. chocolate and courgette loaf and my Protein Beetroot Brownies are just a couple of examples. Its such a great way to get 1 of your 5 a day in and it also adds moisture to the recipe particularly when using protein powder. Perfect for kids who are fussy with vegetables too!
This recipe is a simple one bowl/ blender recipe. My favourite kind of recipe! You blend the majority of ingredients together then mix in the courgette and pumpkin to give the muffins a bit of texture.
As pictured, to me these muffins are best served warm with a good slab of peanut butter on top. My current pre-workout snack but they would make an equally great breakfast. Although you may need a couple at least, as at only 80 calories a muffin why not have three 😉
I used Nuzest Vegan Protein Powder in the recipe which I’d highly recommend. If you fancy trying you can use code ‘vicky10’ for 10% off Nuzest
- 75g (3/4 cup) Oats
- 55g (1/2 cup) Buckwheat Flour
- 25g Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ginger
- 90g (1 cup) Courgette (grated and excess moisture removed)
- 100g (1/2 cup) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- 50ml Vanilla Protein Shake (I used barebells)
- 30ml Milk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180oc and line standard muffin tin, or grease with coconut oil, or use silicone muffin pan.
- In a blender add the oats, flour, protein powder, baking soda and spices. Blend until combined
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Fill muffin cases almost to the very top.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Best served with Peanut Butter!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!