So theres been pancakes, protein balls and muffins… how about Pumpkin Cheesecake Donuts?! Another great way to use pumpkin this season, in this easy but oh so tasty protein packed and gluten free donut (doughnut) recipe.
I feel like I’ve well and truly got into the Autumn spirit this year and I have been loving all the Autumn recipes I’ve created so far….. Vegan Pumpkin Granola Bars, Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes and Protein Pumpkin Muffins are just a few and theres still more to come! Like I said in my last Pumpkin recipe I just love how versatile Pumpkin is. It works really well particularly when adding Protein powder to the recipe to add extra moisture and avoid it being too dry.
These yummy cheesecake style donuts require minimal ingredients with the main donut being packed with buckwheat flour, protein powder, pumpkin puree and egg whites. I then made the cheesecake part of the donut using quark and syrup. You could however use yoghurt or another cream cheese.
With all the added protein such as the powder, quark and egg whites in the recipe it results in each little donut containing 8g Protein and only 60 calories. Such a great high protein, low carb (6g) snack.
Its so easy to do as well. I used a regular donut pan you use in the oven, sprayed with some coconut oil. I filled it 3/4 full with the donut mixture topped with the cheese filling and then finally a dollop more of the mixture. Believe me if you make these, you’ll quickly want to make another batch!
- DONUT MIXTURE:
- 30g (1/4 cup) Buckwheat Flour
- 25g (scoop) of Chai, turmeric and Maca protein powder (you can use whichever protein you like)
- 100g (3/8 cup) Egg whites
- 120g (1/2 cup) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp Zero Calorie Maple Syrup
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 90g (3/4 cup) Quark (or cream cheese/ yoghurt)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Tsp Zero Calorie Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Combine all the Donut Mixture ingredients together in one bowl until fully combined
- Mix up the cheesecake filling in another bowl
- Add around 2 heaping tbsps of the pumpkin mixture to a donut pan for each slot (i sprayed mine with coconut oil spray first). Then add 1 Tbsp of the cheesecake filling and swirl around evenly and then add another Tbsp of the Pumpkin Mixture.
- Place in the oven for around 12-14 minutes
- Allow to cool and then serve
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!