I feel I’m ending Pumpkin Season with a bang with these healthy satisfying Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Bars. A super quick and easy one bowl recipe that is Vegan, Gluten Free, High in Protein and makes a great grab and go breakfast!
I’ve recently started a new job (my main job is within the NHS) which has meant I have been a lot busier and have a lot less time to organise food during the week. Therefore I have started doing more prep on a Sunday. My breakfasts during the week are normally either a post workout smoothie or overnight oats. To save myself time in the evenings I decided to make up some baked oat bars for breakfast…. hence this yummy recipe came about.
I have definitely found a new love for baked oats and have a couple of other baked oat recipes such as Apple and Rhubarb Baked Protein Oats and Chai Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal but I hadn’t yet made a pumpkin baked oat bar recipe until now!
I have since made this a couple of times and I have made both a vegan and non vegan version therefore I include both options in the recipe. It’s simply a case of swapping out eggs for flax eggs and whey protein for vegan protein. Other than that the rest of the ingredients are all vegan and ingredients you are likely to already have in your cupboard. If you don’t have pumpkin puree you could swap this for mashed banana or apple puree instead.
If you divide the oats into 10 bars I’d recommend having at least three for breakfast or 1-2 for a snack.
So here’s the recipe…
- 165g (2 cups) Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 50g (1/2 cup_ oat flour (blended oats)
- 50g Cookies and Cream Flavour Protein (or flavour of your choice)
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 270g (1 cup) pumpkin puree
- 250ml (1¼ cup) almond milk or other milk of preference
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar- I used zero calorie sugar or coconut sugar
- Optional toppings; hemp seeds, cacao nibs, chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 185oc. Grease or line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, maple syrup, flax eggs and milk). Then add in the dry ingredients (gluten free rolled oats, protein powder, pumpkin spice, baking powder, sea salt and sugar). Combine gently with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the optional toppings if using. Bake 35 min or until tooth pick come out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes then take it out on a cooling rack. Cut in to squares and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for up to a week
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!