If you’re after a sweet and tasty summery snack then these high protein, gluten free quark bars are the ones for you!
If I’m not eating out a big tub of Greek yoghurt then I’m eating out a tub of Quark! Its one of my favourite snacks or breakfasts in the summer mixed with protein powder, fruit and cereal. When Nutrii sent me some of their quark to try I decided to get a little bit more creative however!
Nutrii is a British quark brand. It’s virtually fat-free, rich in protein and low in carbohydrates. Their products have no added sugar and no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. It’s made right here in Britain using milk from non-intensive family farms.
If you guys are familiar with some of my recipes then you’ll know i’ve used quark in the past (Raw Acai Protein Cheesecake). Its just a great addition to boost up the Protein in a snack, with this one being no exception at 10g of Protein per bar.
Although I have been having these as a snack you could also have these for a quick on the go breakfast, as many of the key ingredients in this recipe; oats, peanut butter, quark, egg whites could be found in many a breakfast bowl!
For a simple, no bake and yummy snack you need to check out the recipe below:
- 110g Oats
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 6 Tbsp Egg Whites
- 4 scoops of Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Low cal fruit syrup
- Tsp vanilla extract
- 120g Quark (i used raspberry flavour)
- To make the flapjack base combine the nut butter, coconut oil and fruit syrup in a small pan and heat gently until the coconut oil has melted
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, oats, coconut, egg white and protein powder until well combined and the mixture forms a sticky dough
- Tip the oat mixture into a lined circular tin and spread evenly. Keep this in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take the mixture out the freezer and top with the quark.
- Place it back in the freezer for at least 2 hours to allow it to set then slice into squares.
- I store mine in the freezer.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!