Oats and fruit is one combination that always works and no more so than in these Raspberry Chia and Oat Bars. These bars are gluten free, Vegan and refined sugar free. They would make the perfect quick breakfast served with greek yoghurt or an on the go snack.
Despite eating my body weight in chocolates over Christmas I could definetly continue. However, when I was thinking of a recipe I fancied doing the day after Boxing Day, it was a fruit and oat bar that came to mind.
The raspberry and chia jam that sits in the middle of these oat bars is the simplest to make combining only frozen raspberries, fruit syrup and chia seeds. The chia seeds not only add Protein but also provide a nice texture to the centre which works perfectly with the soft crumbly oat mixture.
To the oat mixture I added in Protein powder which is optional and the recipe works equally well without. However, as you guys know I like to add a bit of extra Protein to my snacks to ensure I reach my Protein target for the day and this little bar packs 8g of Protein.
Check out this simple and delicious recipe below:
- For the Chia Jam:
- 100g Raspberries
- 10g Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Fruit Syrup
- For the Oat layers:
- 70g Oats (use gluten free if required)
- 20g Coconut Flour
- 15g Ground Almonds
- Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- Tbsp Fruit Syrup
- 40ml Almond Milk
- 30g Vanilla Protein Powder (both vegan or whey work and this is also optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Line a small square baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients for the chia jam in a pan and cook over a low heat until the raspberries soften and the jam is formed
- Combine all the dry ingredients for the oat layer in a food processor until it turns to a flour consistency and then add in all the liquid ingredients until a doughy texture forms
- If its too dry add a splash more almond milk
- Layer ⅔ of the mixture in the tray followed by the chia jam and then the remainder of the oat mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Slice and Enjoy!