An overnight oats recipe that like most of my recipes is packed full of protein at 40g per serving!
So to be completely honest my inspiration for this scrummy parfait breakfast came through the reduced fruit isle in the supermarket…. yup really! Both the Papaya and Raspberries were a bargain steal and my imagination began conjuring up tasty breakfast ideas and the above is what came out. Considering i had never had Papaya before….again yup really! I have to say I’m pretty impressed with this one. Not to mention the benefits of Papaya…..
- Digestion The enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins
- Anti-inflammatory Apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns
- Heart Disease and Cancer Papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer
- Immunity – Papaya is a great source of vitamin A, B, C, and K and is known as an excellent immunity booster
- Cleansing – Beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities
- Weight Loss – papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast.
SO as you can see Papaya is a great fruit to add to your diet!
Regardless of the above this tasty breakfast can all be made the night before ready to tuck into the next morning. It does take some time to create the layers but believe me its worth it!
One last thing- feel free to mix up the ingredients as much as you like depending on what you have in the cupboards. You can experiment with different frozen fruits, different flavoured protein powders and milks. If your gluten free you could also use gluten free oats rather than standard oats.
- To make the oat layer:
- 50g Oats
- 30g Vanilla Whey
- 90ml Coconut milk
- To make the Papaya and Banana Smoothie:
- 85g Papaya
- 15g Vanilla Whey
- 40g frozen Banana
- Raspberry topping:
- 50g Raspberries
- Place the oats in a bowl then, in a blender, blend the coconut milk and protein powder. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Wash out the blender and then place into it the papaya, banana and whey. Pulse until totally smooth.
- Then the fun part, layering up the parfait! Begin with a layer of oats on the bottom, followed by a layer of the puree and one more layer of the oats.
- Lastly, blend the raspberries with a little bit of water, about 10-20ml and add to the top layer.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove your oats right before you're ready to eat them, and sprinkle with some desiccated coconut or other toppings of your choice.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!