Pumpkin Cheesecake has a unique combination of flavours, a heavenly smooth texture and an irresistible granola crust. Its gluten free, refined sugar free and the perfect Autumnal dessert.
Ok, so it may be the last week of October which therefore makes me very late to the current pumpkin craze but this is one recipe you’d happily make all year round. I’m partially late to the party as pumpkin puree isn’t the easiest to get hold of in England, even this time of year, so its taken me a few weeks to find a supermarket that stocks it. However it was definitely worth the wait! I’m now finding myself adding pumpkin to smoothies, oats and basically all manner of recipes! Check out my instagram page for some of these recipes—–> cleanleanbakes
Like the majority of my snacks and desserts I’ve added an extra protein boost to the cheesecake with a small amount of whey alongside the quark which offers a natural source of protein. I used a chocolate granola for the base alongside chocolate whey which matches perfectly with the sweet pumpkin and the more tangy taste of the quark. If quark isn’t something you can get hold of easily then natural yoghurt would also work well.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me, don’t forgot to comment or tag me on instagram if you try it.
- 85g Granola
- 25g (1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 100g (1/2 cup) pumpkin purée
- Tbsp maple syrup
- 35g (scoop) of chocolate whey
- 15g (1/2 cup) prunes
- 65g (1/2 cup) Quark
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Line a 8x4 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Blend granola and coconut oil in food processor / blender until well combined and crumbly.
- Press firmly into baking pan and freeze.
- Add to the blender all the cheesecake ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over crust and freeze until hardened.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!