Theres no better treat than a chocolatey one right?! These Raw Vegan Nutella Bars are no exception. Packed with healthy nuts and avocado look no further than this for that perfect afternoon treat! They are high in protein, refined sugar free and gluten free.
These Nutella style caramel bars are SO good you won’t be able to stop eating them.. you have been warned! I love making up different variations of caramel slices as lets face it, why have one layer of tastiness when you can have three! For the base with this one you have a crunchy chocolate pecan base with a creamy chocolate cashew and avocado centre and crunchy dark chocolate topping! If you’re a chocolate fan, these are just the perfect thing for you!
As well as being gluten free and refined sugar free, these bars are also Vegan. I always try and make my snacks Vegan where possible so that everyone can try them! You get a good kick of Protein in each square which comes from the nuts as well as some added Protein Powder which like all my recipes is of course optional.
- 40g (1/2 cup) Pecans
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 70g (3/4 cup) prunes
- 55g (1/2 cup) oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash vanilla powder/extract
- 1½ scoops Vegan Protein (40g)
- Dash of water
- 50g (1/2 cup) cashews (soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 50g dark chocolate
- Tsp coconut oil
- To make the base, add the pecan nuts into a food processor and blitz to form a rough flour.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until sticky and well combined.
- Press this into the base of a brownie tray and pop into the freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the caramel ingredients in the food processor and blend everything together until you’re left with a smooth caramel.
- Spread this over the base and return to the freezer.
- For the final stage, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, then pour this over the caramel bars. Allow these to set in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water, carefully slice into portions and dig in!
If you fancy trying out MissFits Nutrition Vegan Protein Range missfitsnutrition you can use code ‘Vicky5’ for £5 off your first order with them. Comment below if you try it out.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!