Salted Caramel Brownie Skillet: super fudgey, chocolatey healthy dessert or snack which is naturally high in protein, low in carbs and packed with healthy fats. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
I am a fan of a good old skillet recipe and have a few of them on my blog.. Chocolate Pumpkin Cookie Skillet and Chocolate Almond Cookie Skillet are just a couple but I hadn’t yet mixed the ultimate brownie and salted caramel combination together in one and boy I’m so glad I did.
The Brownie part of the skillet contains less than 10 ingredients, most of which you’ll already have in the cupboard. While the salted caramel sauce is made with only 3. The sauce I added as a layer to the bottom of the skillet and this was then topped with the brownie layer. It took me less than 1o minutes to mix together and then the hardest part was waiting for it to cook for 22 minutes.
I highly recommend you trying this warmed up with yoghurt or ice cream… its one hell of a dreamy dessert.
Heres the recipe..
- Salted Caramel:
- 40g (1/4 cup) creamy almond butter (I used a one with added salt and dates to it)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 3 eggs
- 40g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) cacao powder
- 50g (1/2 cup) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180oc degrees and grease a 9 inch skillet well
- In a small bowl, mix together the caramel ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, eggs and sugar until creamy
- Add in the cacao powder, almond flour and baking powder and mix well so there are no lumps
- Melt the chocolate then stir into the brownie batter until well combined
- Spread an even layer of caramel on the bottom of the skillet (leave a little left if you want for topping) then add the brownie batter and the rest of the caramel
- Bake in oven for around 22 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Drizzle caramel sauce if desired
- Slice and enjoy
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!