I was lucky enough to win some Vegan Protein by VivoLife last week through Instagram (Click this link to check out my page —–> cleanleanbakes). One of the flavours was Salted Caramel Maca, Ohh Yearhhh!! So naturally i had to get baking and out came these yummy Salted Caramel Chocolate Whoopie Pies….
Unlike the traditional American versions, these pies are low in sugar, high in protein and gluten free. These pies are around 120 calories each and contain 11g Protein. Making the perfect go to snack that will fulfil any chocolate craving.
To make whoopie pies you simply combine two cookies with a creamy filling. I used JimJam Spreads as a thick chocolatey filling. JimJam Spread contains 83% less sugar than other chocolate spreads and half the saturated fat. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 scoop of Salted Caramel Protein
- 40g Gluten Free Oats (can use normal oats)
- 100g Egg Whites
- 8g Cacao nibs
- 10g Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 15g Low Sugar Chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 160oC and line a tray with baking paper
- Simply combine all the above ingredients in a bowl except the spread.
- Place around a tablespoon of the mixture for each cookie on the tray making sure you have an even number to make the pies.
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until risen and golden in colour.
- Leave to cool. Once cooled spread the chocolate on half the cookies and then combine with the other cookies to form the pies.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!