So I think I just took my standard protein brownies to the next level with the addition of a salted fudge protein bar! Oh my these are good! They are gluten free, low in carbohydrates and of course high in protein!
I received this protein bar to try from PhD Smart and it came with a protein brownie recipe which definitely inspired me to want to get baking with them. I however used one of my own brownie recipes and just topped with chunks of the bar!
They have to be the softest gooiest brownies I have ever made, likely due to the addition of the quark yoghurt which avoids the recipe becoming too dry when baked. I also added a classic blogger hidden ingredient of courgette (zucchini)…if you can’t taste it you may as well add those greens right?!
Each little brownie is less then 100 calories and contains 9g Protein… the perfect on the go snack! Check out the recipe below.
- 30g Chocolate Whey
- 15g (2½ Tbsp) Buckwheat Flour
- 10g (2 Tbsp) Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 100g (1/2 cup) Grated Courgette
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 75g (1/2 cup) Quark Yoghurt (or natural yoghurt)
- 1 Protein Bar of your choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Line a small baking tin with baking paper
- Mix together all the ingredients except the protein bar into a bowl
- Place the mix into the baking tin and top with the chopped protein bar
- Bake for 15 minutes until cooked but still gooey on top
- Slice and enjoy!