Say hello to the yummiest Vegan Snack you will ever make! These Blondie S’mores are a little bite of heaven….. the sweet gooeyness of the marshmallows when combined with the salted peanut crunch is one seriously good combination! They are high in protein, gluten free, Vegan and Keto and Paleo friendly!
I recently picked up a bag of vegan marshmallows and felt very inspired to add them to some kind of vegan dessert bar and this is what I came up with! I’ve been really loving making blondies recently but I feel the addition of the marshmallows and the Barebells salted peanut vegan bar takes them to another level! If you don’t however have a vegan protein bar you could sub with chocolate chips.
The base of the blondies is made up from ground almonds, sugar (I used a zero calorie sugar) with the addition of coconut oil, tahini, pistachio milk and a flax egg. Ground almonds is such a great base in vegan baking and gives the best texture in these blondies.
If you’re like me and always looking for ways to add extra healthy fats in your diet these bars are also great for that with ground almonds and tahini being full of healthy fats, minerals and nutrients. They taste even better in the afternoon with a good cup of tea or coffee.
Heres the recipe:
- 1 Cup Ground Almonds
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Sugar (I used zero sugar)
- 1 Flax Egg
- ¼ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Pistachio Milk (or milk of your choice)
- Handful of Marshmallows
- ½ Vegan Protein Bar chopped (sub with chocolate chips)
- Preheat to the oven to 180oC
- Make your flax egg by combining 1 Tbsp Flax and 3 Tbsp Water and leave to thicken
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl (almonds, soda, baking powder, sugar, salt)
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl (flax, coconut oil, tahini, milk)
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin then sprinkle the marshmallows and chopped protein bar on top pushing slightly into the mixture
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!