This simple vegetarian recipe; sweet potato and goats cheese fritters are perfect on their own, with a salad for lunch or how I’ve pictured with the ultimate egg and smoked salmon combo. Along with being vegetarian, these fritters are both gluten free and high in protein.
When I think of Sunday Brunch I think of a stack of yummy food that often involves a variation on fritters or of course pancakes. If pancakes is what your craving then check out my 4 ingredient recipe 4 Ingredient Banana Protein Pancakes. However I certainly recommend giving these fritters a try. A serving of 3 fritters contains 17g Protein and is less than 335 calories.
You could make a batch of these in advance for lunch, giving you not only a perfect Sunday brunch but meal prep to be proud of on a Monday lunch time. See below for the recipe…
- 1 large sweet potato (around 140g)
- 1 red onion
- 30g goats cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp egg whites (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Tsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into small chunks. Remove the ends and skin from the onion and dice. Peel the garlic.
- Place the potato, onions and garlic onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss so the ingredients are coated. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and crush the potato and onion with a potato masher.
- Whisk together the egg, egg whites and goats cheese (cut into chunks) in a bowl and add to the potato mixture along with some salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into fritters and fry on a medium heat in a tsp of coconut oil for around 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with whatever takes your fancy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!