These no bake tahini oat bars are chewy, nutty (without any nuts) and loaded with powerhouse ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and chia seeds. Make a batch at the weekend and have a delicious, healthy snack you can enjoy throughout the week. They are gluten free, nut free and vegan.
These may be my new favourite snack!! I know I probably say this regularly but I truly mean it with these! These bars taste amazing with the satisfaction of feeling like your pumping your body with so much goodness!
I literally only made these at the weekend and posted a picture up on my Instagram stories and got quite a few requests for the recipe that I thought I would get it up on the blog quick.
If you follow me on Instagram cleanleanbakes you’ll know that I’ve been trying to add more healthy fats as well as calories to my diet recently. I spoke to a Nutritionist who recommended adding healthy fats such as tahini into my diet alongside lots of seeds such as chia seeds and pumpkin seeds. Me being me, I decided I wanted to make a snack that incorporated all of these things and hence these bars were born!
The beauty of these bars is you require only cupboard ingredients, most of which you are likely to already have. Even better….. its a case of mixing everything together in a bowl, pouring over some melted chocolate and placing in the fridge to set! No baking required!
Anyway enough from me heres the recipe..
- 110g (1 cup) oats
- 50g (1/2 cup) chopped dried prunes (dates would also work)
- 50g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 85g (1/2 cup) tahini
- 100g (1/3 cup) honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 30g (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add oats, prunes, pumpkin seeds, tahini, honey, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is holding together, transfer into the loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Fold the parchment over the top and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Place in fridge for a few minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until melted. Pour melted chocolate over the bars and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Place the bars back in the fridge to harden (about 30 minutes). Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store bars in fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold or at room temperature (I’ve found that they hold together best when chilled and they taste delicious straight from the fridge).
Be expecting many more Tahini recipes from me coming up as I think this ingredient will be my new favourite!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!