Like I said in my previous Tempeh Buddha Bowl recipe, Tempeh is a very recent discovery for me and is one I can’t get enough of right now. So be prepared for a few more recipes coming your way!
As well as Tempeh, this recipe contains one of my other favourite ingredients…. peanut butter! When this is combined with the Thai red curry paste and the coconut milk the flavour is just amazing! The recipe is a simple one pan recipe and most ingredients you’ll likely already have in your cupboard.
The recipe make two portions, I had one for dinner and then took the rest for my lunch the next day and it almost tasted even better the next day. You could easily double the recipe up so you have enough for a few meals across the week.
Heres the recipe:
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 150g Chopped Tempeh
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- ½ can of full fat coconut milk
- 150gr baby spinach or chopped kale
- Handful of Sugar Snap peas or Mangetout
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Salt to taste
- TO SERVE:
- Basmati rice
- A handful salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- A handful coriander, roughly chopped
- A squeeze of lime
- Add a tbsp of olive oil to a large pan and place on a medium heat. Add the chopped shallots, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the curry paste and give it a good stir, then add the Tempeh Pieces and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas, coconut milk and peanut butter, mix everything together, put the lid on and cook for a further 10 minutes until you have a creamy sauce.
- Add the baby spinach or chopped kale, stir everything one last time and simmer for 1 more minute or until the greens have wilted. Season to taste with salt.
- Top with any nuts, coriander and lime and serve with rice or quinoa
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!