These Paleo Chocolate Cookies almost have a brownie taste and texture to them… they have a good crunch but yet a soft centre! Even better they will pretty much suit all diets as they are grain free, nut free, gluten free and dairy free!
When you fancy baking up a sweet treat, cookies or brownies are always the first two things that pop to my mind! They are simple and easy to make, there’s so many variations and they always taste amazing! In these chocolate cookies its kind of a combination of the two and wow they taste good.
Like most my recipes I try and keep the ingredients to less than 10. This not only makes them a relatively cheap bake but it also just keeps its simple. Most of these ingredients you are likely to already have in your cupboards as well- with no fresh ingredients required except the eggs.
I didn’t end up recording the nutritional information for the recipe in the end, so apologies if that’s something you like in my recipes.. but what I can tell you is they taste amazing and you won’t want to stop at one!!
Heres the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 90g Dark Chocolate (I used 85% salted dark chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and sugar and mix well with hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments (stirring in between) until melted
- Stir in the vanilla extract then add to the large bowl with the egg/sugar mixture and mix again for about 2 minutes
- Add the cacao powder, coconut flour and baking powder to the bowl and mix well (it should be really thick)
- Scoop about 1 heaped tablespoons of batter per cookie onto the sheet (leave about 2 inches between each cookie as they spread as you can see from mine they are quite big!)
- Sprinkle sea salt on top then bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before tucking in
- I stored mine in the fridge as they kept a bit of a crunch to them
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!