These Chocolate Avocado Muffins will definitely be your new favourite snack! They are grain-free and dairy-free and of course contain two of the most yummy foods… avocado and chocolate.. whats not to love?
You know my passion for chocolate right? I can’t begin to count the amount of chocolate dessert recipes on this blog, unbelievable! But one of the surprisingly yummy combinations with chocolate I haven’t yet shared is avocado with chocolate. You really need to make these if you are looking for :
- an easy healthy muffin recipe. 5 simple ingredients that we all have in our kitchen – well, 7 ingredients if you add the baking powder and chocolate chips but both are optional if you run out !
- a healthy chocolate treat. This recipe contains few calories (85 calories per muffin), only healthy fats from avocado and its unrefined sugar free – if your using coconut sugar like in the recipe
- an allergy friendly muffin recipe – those tick all the diet boxes, gluten free + dairy free + paleo + keto. They are not nut free, but if you really can’t have nuts go for oat flour instead of coconut flour
- 35g (1/2 cup) coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado, mashed (100g)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 75ml (1/2 cup) almond milk (or your choice of non-dairy milk)
- 15g (1/3 cup) dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175oc and grease a muffin pan. Set aside
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cacao (or cocoa) powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined and no lumps of coconut flour or cacao powder are present. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add mashed avocado, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, add in milk and gently stir until everything is combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Using large cookie scoop, evenly disperse batter into greased muffin pan, about ⅔ of the way full. You should get about 8 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes. Check middle of muffins with toothpick. Muffins will be done when the toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!