Ok hear me out, I know there’s a lot of vegan brownie versions available, but if I don’t say so myself I think these will be your favourite! Think fudgey, chocolatey and rich while being healthy all at the same time! These brownies are also gluten free, high in protein and refined sugar free.
I do have a few brownie recipes on my site such as Protein Beetroot Brownies and Indulgent Double Chocolate Brownies and even another black bean brownie recipe Black Bean Protein Brownies. However, without a doubt these are my favourite brownies I’ve made in a long time!
As you guys know I love adding protein powder to my snack recipes, but it can be a challenge getting the texture right when adding in protein powder. However, with this recipe and the addition of lots of moisture with the blended black beans and mashed banana the texture is perfect! So soft and gooey!
I’ll be uploading a recipe video on my IGTV making these brownies if you want to check out my Instagram page cleanleanbakes 🙂
Heres the recipe:
- 1 can black beans drained
- 25g (1/3 cup) cacao powder
- 45g (1/2 cup) chocolate protein powder (could sub for almond flour)
- 55ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- 60g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp Nut butter (I used a mixed nut butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 180oc
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the black beans together with the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, into a food processor until a smooth batter is formed
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into your baking pan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. The center should still be liquid when pulled out from the oven.
I hope you enjoy
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!