OOooo these bars hit the spot I have to say! The texture is just perfect, they are thick, soft and slightly chewy. Not forgetting the crunch from the Biscoff Biscuits on top of course. There has definitely been a heavy feature of Biscoff on my site lately and I’m not complaining so I hope you all aren’t either. I mean what’s not to love when it comes to Biscoff! It compliments the caramel protein, coconut and peanut butter filled base so well.
So for these protein bars you’ll need only 8 ingredients. Its pretty much a case of mixing everything in a bowl and then leaving to set (that’s the hard part).
If you fancy seeing a video version of this recipe you can check out my reels on instagram….. cleanleanbakes
Each bar is only 190 calories and contains 8g protein. They are also packed with healthy fats thanks to the coconut flour and peanut butter. Its just an all round bar of goodness!!
Heres the recipe..
- 180g (2 cups) oat flour (blended oats)
- 55g (½ cup) coconut flour can sub for almond flour
- 60g (½ cup) protein powder (I used a vegan caramel flavour)
- 90g (½ cup) peanut butter can sub for any nut or seed butter
- ½ cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Toppings: Biscoff spread and Biscoff biscuits
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, coconut flour and protein powder
- Add the peanut butter and syrup, and mix well, until a crumbly batter remains.
- Using a spoon, add the milk one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed. You may need more than ¼ almond milk so add bit more until you get the right consistency
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly.
- Top with Biscoff spread (I melt mine slightly in the microwave) and crushed biscuits
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!