Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake Banana Loaf…. if you love carrot cake and love banana bread then you need this in your life for sure!! This loaf is gluten free, vegan and high in protein!
Give me anything that resembles a carrot cake and I’m happy, I just love Spring Time and all the carrot cake bakes. There has been a real trend in banana bread over the last 6 months of all different varieties that as soon as spring hit it felt natural to make a carrot cake version of a banana loaf.
This is for sure the most delicious banana bread you will bake (promise). For me this carrot cake banana loaf is so healthy you can have it for breakfast or as a snack…. I mean that’s one hell of a banana bread isn’t it. This is due to the base of the bread being oats which lets be honest is definitely a staple breakfast ingredient. Other than that there was additions of protein powder, flax egg (or egg), pumpkin, banana, carrot and walnuts. Such a nutritious combination of ingredients.
The recipe is very simple- simply mix in a bowl and bake. Mix up a frosting and top once cooled… voila!
Heres it is:
- Carrot cake banana bread:
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree (optional)
- ½ cup (85g) coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup/ 50ml almond milk
- 1 flax egg (or use 1 regular egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats or quick oats
- Scoop of Vegan Protein Powder (I used cookies and cream flavour) •
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Cream cheese frosting:
- 85g vegan cream cheese, softened
- Tbsp Vegan Vanilla Protein powder (or powdered sugar)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, coconut sugar, milk, flax egg and vanilla until smooth
- Mix in the oat flour, oats, protein powder, baking powder and spices until well combined
- Fold in carrots and nuts then add to bread dish and bake in oven for 40 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together the cream cheese, and protein powder
- Spread the frosting on the carrot cake when it is cool and slice and enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!