Vegan Carrot Cake Donuts: yes you heard me right.. what a combo I know! These Vegan Donuts are high in protein, refined sugar free as well as being low in calories.
I really enjoyed making these little donuts. Adding different toppings to them was fun and they were the easiest donuts to make. I do love a good donut Protein Biscoff Baked Donuts and Baked Apple and Tahini Donuts are a couple of my fav but I hadn’t before made a carrot cake donut. I had some yummy Vegan cream cheese to use from ‘Nush’ therefore these were the perfect recipe for it with that tasty vanilla, cream cheese and maple syrup frosting.
The base of the donut is largely made from flour (I used wholemeal flour but you could use regular plain flour or gluten free), protein powder, flax egg, carrots and vegan cream cheese. The cream cheese in the mix keeps the donuts moist and also adds a lovely subtle flavour which combined with cinnamon and mixed spice is just such a good combo.
They are a super simple mix in one bowl and bake in the oven kind of donut… only 80 calories per donut too.
I get me zero calorie syrup, protein powder and vanilla drops from MyProtein code CLEANLEAN gets 37% off.
Here’s the recipe:
- 30g Wholemeal flour (or flour of your choice)
- 30g Protein Powder- I choose vanilla
- Tbsp Stevia Sugar
- Tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Grated Carrots
- 1 Flax Egg
- Tsp Mixed Spice
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp Almond Milk
- A few vanilla drops or tsp vanilla extract
- 30g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 45g Vegan Cream Cheese
- Tbsp Liquid Syrup of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl and then mix in the wet ingredients
- Pour into a greased oven donut pan
- Bake for around 14 mins until golden on top
- Meanwhile mix the cream cheese and syrup together for the frosting
- Remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool
- Top with the frosting and any additional toppings you would like: I choose coconut, walnuts and white chocolate stars
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!