I have a few carrot cake style recipes on my blog such as Pecan and Carrot Cookie Pie (vegan) and Raw Vegan Carrot Cake I just love the flavours and ingredients that come with carrot cake recipes…. pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg. Warming but also light!
These carrot cake oat bars require only 10 ingredients to make, most of which you’ll probably have in your cupboard already. Its super simple with only one bowl needed… my kind of recipe! Its also great if you like to prep your breakfasts in advance. I love having 2-3 of these bars warmed up and topped with yoghurt and extra cinnamon.
Heres the recipe….
- 1½ cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup vegan vanilla protein powder *
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 flax eggs or eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or a few vanilla flavour drops
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins or dried figs
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180oc. Grease or line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (maple syrup, flax eggs, vanilla extract and milk).
- Then add in the dry ingredients (gluten-free rolled oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder). Combine the dry and wet ingredients gently with a spatula.
- Fold in shredded carrots, pecans and raisins or figs.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle extra pecans and shredded carrots on top (optional).
- Bake 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean, but the top is still soft to touch.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes then take it out on a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Be prepared for a few more carrot cake style recipes coming your way!! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try them out 🙂 Cleanleanbakes
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!