http://paperbomb.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://paperbomb.com If you’re a fan of cookies and ice cream like me then you will love this healthy vegan alternative! Made with plant based ingredients and high in Protein its the perfect ‘indulgent’ treat without the guilt.
The lovely people at superflyfoods sent me some Chocolate Pea Protein to try along with some of my favourite recipe ingredients like Cacao Powder and Chia Seeds. I haven’t made a recipe with pea protein alone before and raw cookies were the first thing that popped to mind and the pea protein worked great. Like whey protein its full of BCAAS and a great alternative if you want/ need to avoid dairy.
But whats a cookie without some ice cream? Except this ice cream is made from only three natural ingredients without all the artificial flavourings and added sugars you get in regular ice cream (not to say that it shouldn’t be eaten every now and again).
My only advice with this recipe is try not to eat them all at once!
See below for the recipe…..
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 35g Oats
- 20g Pea Protein
- tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp low calorie fruit syrup
- tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- tbsp chia seeds
- Mix together the ingredients for the cookies in a blender until a stick dough is formed. If the mixture is too dry add some more almond milk.
- Form the dough into cookie shapes and place them in the freezer for 20-30minutes
- Meanwhile make the ice cream by combining the banana, coconut milk and chia seeds in a blender.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and assemble placing a scoop of the ice cream in between two cookies.
- I then drizzled mine with low sugar chocolate sauce.
- Place back in the freezer for up to 2 hours and then enjoy.
- Store in the freezer if you don't eat them all straight away!