Who doesn’t look a good biscuit to enjoy alongside their afternoon cup of tea or coffee. These chocolate and peanut butter digestive style biscuits you can enjoy without the added sugar and instead with added nutrients and protein. These biscuits are great if you are following a Keto, Vegan or Gluten-free diet.
Like most people right now I am spending a lot more time in the house which ultimately means a lot more time near my fridge! My days working from home seem to be planned around my next snack, meal and coffee breaks to break up the day. However instead of reaching for a sugary snack that will ultimately result in me being less productive and feeling more sluggish; I am baking up my own tasty but healthier snacks.
I had been craving a biscuit with my afternoon cup of tea (I have 1 coffee a day and the rest of the day I drink tea) and to be honest it wasn’t something I had even thought of trying to replicate until I’d seen something similar on Pinterest and decided to recreate my own version. And I definitely wasn’t disappointed!
Even better with this recipe is that it requires very minimal ingredients and they are very easy to put together.
Here it is….
- ¾ Cup Ground Almonds
- ¼ Cup Protein Powder (I used salted caramel flavour) *
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 2-3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Drops
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180oc.
- Add the almond flour, protein powder, 2 Tbsp coconut Oil and syrup into a bowl. Once mixed, scoop the dough onto a lined baking tray into cookie shapes. Use your finger to create a small dent into the centre of the cookie.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Once cooled add around ½ Tsp peanut butter into the dent of each cookie. Place into the fridge or freezer to firm up for around 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and dunk each cookie into the chocolate. Place on a lined baking tray in the fridge for around 30 minutes until the chocolate sets
Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures on Instagram if you make them cleanleanbakes 🙂
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!