Tahini is one of those ingredients I just can’t stop eating and I think in this yummy dessert/ snack recipe you’ll love it too. Each little bite is packed with healthy fats, fibre and protein. This recipe is Vegan and Gluten Free.
So I know I have brought a few Tahini recipes to the blog lately…. Vegan Caramel Tahini Brownies and Double Chocolate Tahini Muffins are just a couple but I didn’t feel I could stop there with this amazing ingredient. Why do I love tahini so much?!… Tahini contains more protein than milk and most nuts. It’s a rich source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function, vitamin E, which is protective against heart disease and stroke, and important minerals, such as magnesium, iron and calcium.
Although Tahini itself has a bit of a bitter taste it works so well when combined with the subtle sweetness of the chocolate and syrup.
The Chocolate Tahini Fudge Centre on these oat bars is a think creamy texture which when combined with the soft oaty layers is a dream combination. I added in a scoop of coffee flavoured vegan protein to the oat layer which is optional and you could sub with extra Oat flour. I loved the coffee flavour as it complimented the tahini well but again you could use a different flavour of protein.
Heres the recipe:
- OAT LAYER
- 50g Oat Flour (blended oats)
- 130g Oats
- 25g Vegan Protein- I used a coffee flavoured protein
- Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 70g Coconut Oil
- TAHINI LAYER
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 70g Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Stir together the oats, oat flour and cacao powder in a bowl and then pour in the melted coconut oil and 3 tbsp maple syrup and stir until sticky and combined.
- Transfer ⅔ of this mixture to a parchment-lined dish (10x20cm) and press down firmly to form an even base layer. Place in the fridge to firm up while you make the tahini mixture.
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the tahini and 2 tbsp maple syrup until well combined. Pour over the base layer.
- Sprinkle over the remaining oat mixture and press down lightly. Place in the fridge for around 60 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and slice into bars.
Let me know if you’re loving the tahini recipes too in the comments below!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!