These Vegan, Gluten-free and no-bake Cookie Dough Protein Bars are made with nothing but the best, healthiest ingredients. This high-protein snack is perfect for anytime of the day and makes a great pre-workout snack or its so healthy you could even have it for breakfast!
You guys know I love to make a good protein bar! The traditional style protein bars with a base made of largely protein power, coconut flour, nuts and banana with a yummy chocolate topping has to be one of the simplest but the best! I tend to switch between making them Vegan and Non Vegan. If your after a protein bar that isn’t Vegan then heres a couple…. Chocolate Peanut Protein Bars, Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bars
I tend to experiment by adding in different flavoured proteins to the bar and with this one I went with a coffee and coconut flavoured protein. Which is a great early morning pick me up, as I tend to have one of these bars in the morning before I go to the gym. You could however use vanilla, chocolate or any flavour protein you fancy!
If you follow a high fat Keto style diet these bars are also perfect! They contain 11g of healthy fat per slice and only 3g of Carbs. Not forgetting the 6g Protein that comes from using protein packed ingredients such as pecan nuts, coconut flour, nut butter and of course the protein powder. These bars are so versatile in that you can use whichever nuts you have in your cupboard…if you don’t have pecans, hazelnuts or almonds are also great.
Its a simple case of mixing the majority of ingredients together in a bowl, melting some chocolate, setting in the freezer and voila!
- 75g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 25g (1 sachet/ scoop) of coffee vegan protein. Use code 'vicky10' for 10% Nuzest Protein
- 20g (1/4 cup) chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup banana mashed (about 1 large banana)
- 10g dark chocolate chips or any other type
- 50ml (1/4 cup) almond milk or milk of choice
- Top Layer
- 25g (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips or any other type
- 25g (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk or milk of choice
- Line a banana bread pan with parchment paper (or a 10X10 baking pan).
- Mix the coconut flour, protein powder, nuts, mashed banana, chocolate chips and almond milk in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Press the mixture into your baking pan. Transfer to the freezer.
- Top Layer
- Melt chocolate chips, natural smooth peanut butter, almond milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the mixture is entirely liquid, take the pan out of the freezer and pour it over the base.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before cutting into 8-10 bars.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!