Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Slice… oooshhh this is a snack you need in your life! Think gooey peanut butter with a crispy caramel base topped with melted chocolate. These slices are gluten free, vegan and high in protein.
I feel like its actually been a little while since I’ve added a chocolatey based snack to the blog, I’ve been too busy loving donuts and Biscoff! But here it is in all its glory and I promise you its a good one.
In each slice you’ll find a puffed rice layer with added sultanas and pumpkin seeds mixed with a bit of protein, peanut butter and maple syrup. Theres then a peanut butter layer and finally you have a chocolate layer. It may sound a bit complicated but I promise you its not and it is worth the extra time it’ll take to get the end result.
I’d love to see your pictures if you make them so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram….. cleanleanbakes
Heres the recipe..
- BASE LAYER
- 100g drippy natural peanut butter
- 100g brown ricemalt syrup
- 50g milk chocolate or melted coconut oil
- ½ a scoop protein (I used caramel flavour)
- 100 g of rice puffs /crisps
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Sultanas or raisins (optional)
- PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 30g Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 50g Chocolate
- Tsp Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl place peanut butter, 50g chocolate or coconut oil & ricemalt syrup, melt for 30 seconds in the microwave followed by 15 second increments until melted & well combined.
- Mix together in another bowl the rice puffs, protein pumpkin seeds and raisins if using
- Mix the puff mixture into the peanut butter syrup until combined and press into a lined tin.
- Mix your peanut butter layer ingredients until smooth together or until you have a thickish paste , spread over your base and refrigerate for ½-1 hr.
- Melt your chocolate with coconut oil and than pour over the peanut butter layer, refrigerate again for around 2 hours until slicing. I find it best when left in the fridge over night to firmly set.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!