Nourish your mornings with these Healthy Vegan Protein Pancakes. They are packed with fibre, totally satisfying and contain 25 grams of Plant Based Protein. The perfect healthy start to your day.
Pancakes are definetly one of those breakfasts that are on repeat in my house! Particularly at the weekend! I love how versatile they are, you can add different flavoured protein depending on what you fancy and not to mention the best bit…toppings! Where the possibilities are endless.
My general go to pancake recipe isn’t vegan 4 Ingredient Banana Protein Pancakes and I have to say I do find this recipe the quickest and easiest in the morning. But if I have a bit more time and fancy a change from my regular pancakes then this is the recipe I turn to.
The big flavour in these vegan protein pancakes is banana due to the mashed banana which when combined with the coconut yoghurt, blueberries and syrup on top, it really is the tastiest combination. Not only tasty, with it being full of Protein as well as a good balance of Carbs its a great pre or post workout meal! I tend to have pancakes as my pre workout breakfast on a Saturday.
I always tend to use coconut oil to fry my pancakes in as I’ve found its the best oil to avoid the pancakes sticking. A great non stick frying pan is obviously needed as well!
I hope this recipe becomes one of your weekend staples too 🙂 Here it is…
- Scoop of Vegan Protein Powder (I used vanilla flavour)
- 1 banana- mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup non-dairy milk such as Almond Milk
- Tbsp coconut oil- melted
- Pinch sea salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed banana, melted coconut oil and stir in the milk.
- Add the baking powder/ salt and then slowly add the protein powder until you get the right consistency.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, spoon in a small amount of the mixture and cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip and cook on the other side, then repeat this with the remaining mixture.
- Once all of your pancakes are cooked, serve with toppings of choice!
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!