These wholesome Vegan Pumpkin Granola Bars are easy to make & are the perfect low carb snack for on the go or breakfast. They’re soft, chewy and made with wholesome grain free, gluten free, paleo and keto friendly ingredients.
It doesn’t get much easier than a homemade granola bar, particularly when you use granola in the recipe! Hehe! A bit of a cheat, but when you can get such great low sugar and healthy granola then why not. I used the paleofoodscompany pecan and almond granola which tastes amazing. This granola is:
- Grain, Gluten, Wheat Free
- Low in Carbs
- Vegan Friendly!
- Contains 6g Protein per serving
You could of course use a home made granola instead. Alongside the granola features some other very yummy ingredients: the star of the show being pumpkin puree that is literally featuring in all my Autumn recipes right now! As well as nut butter and flaked almonds.
If you are a Sunday meal prepper like me, then you’ll love making these healthy breakfast bars. Just double the recipe and make up a big batch to freeze and have on hand any time.
Theres only 3g of Carbs per bar and 12g Fat so they are great if you’re following a Keto diet. I’ve never followed a Keto diet but I do prefer higher fat and lower carb snacks as they keep me fuller for much longer. They truly are a tasty and satisfying little bar.
Heres the recipe:
- 55g (1/3 cup) drippy nut butter (I used a 3 nut butter mix)
- 25g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 30g (1/4 cup) zero sugar fruit syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch sea salt
- 110g (1 cup) Granola
- 25g (1/3 cups) sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 180oc. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large pot, add the nut butter, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and fruit syrup over medium heat, while stirring frequently until combined. Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool down for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in pumpkin pie spice, salt and vanilla
- Stir in the granola and sliced almonds
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan while pressing down very firmly and flattening with a spatula until compressed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Use a sharp knife, cut into even rectangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container or resealable bags in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Let me know what you think below.
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!