So its started.. the pumpkin recipes! And what better way to start than a Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bar! One of my all time favourite snacks to make…as well as being Vegan these bars are also Paleo, Keto friendly, gluten free and low in sugar!
If you guys have been following my recipes for a while or follow me over on Instagram (cleanleanbakes) you’ll know I love a good protein bar! I just find them to be a yummy and filling afternoon snack that goes great with a good cup of tea! I have to admit I do love a shop bought protein bar but I also equally love making my own. Particularly as I know they include all healthy, natural ingredients without some of the extra nasties you can get in shop bought bars.
To pack in extra protein I added a Vegan Protein Blend: My favourite is MyProtein Vanilla Vegan Protein Blend. If you fancy trying it out the code CLEANLEAN will get you an extra 37% off their site 🙂 Its a great cheap way to try out different flavours. Other ingredients I used from MyProtein included their protein chocolate, vanilla flavour drops, zero sugar maple syrup and almond butter. Let me know below if you try anything out.
When I shared these on my stories on Instagram I had a few people ask where I got my Pumpkin puree from and I just bought a can of it from Sainsburys. However annoyingly they seemed to have stopped selling it so I’ve just bought three cans of it from Amazon 🙂
Heres the recipe:
- 110g (1/2 cup) almond butter
- 140g (1/2 cup) pumpkin puree
- 20g 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (I used Myprotein zero maple syrup)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla flavour drops
- 50g (1/2 cup) vanilla vegan protein blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)
- Pinch salt
- Toppings: Melted chocolate, pumpkin seeds, bee pollen
- Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. (Dough should be almost play-dough like.)
- Place dough in a lined 8″ x 4″ baking pan and firmly press down using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or until set.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 8 pieces.
- Optional: top with melted chocolate, chopped pumpkin seeds and bee pollen.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
I hope you enjoy xx
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!