With Valentines Day only a couple of weeks away I wanted to create the perfect snack/ dessert for the occasion. When I think Valentines Day desserts chocolate of course springs to mind especially when combined with fruit…specifically red berries.
I have to say I’m not one for really celebrating Valentines Day however any excuse to make up a chocolatey snack will do! These Raspberry Coconut Bars taste similar to the regular bounty bar with a raspberry twist. Unlike regular bounty bars they are also refined sugar free, gluten free and vegan.
These bars are lower in protein than my usual snacks and quite high in fat, therefore I would see these bars as more of a treat to be enjoyed as a dessert rather than a snack I might every day. The fat comes from the desiccated coconut, coconut flour, milk and oil used in the recipe therefore it is ofcourse healthy fats.
They can be stored in the freezer meaning they will keep for much longer and you won’t feel like you do need to eat them all at once!
PS: If you make my Valentine’s bars, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram at cleanleanbakes and use the #cleanleanbakes hashtag. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
- 100g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 30g (1/3 cup) coconut flour
- 165 ml (1/2 cup) full fat coconut milk
- 75g (1/2 cup) raspberries – fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 35ml low calorie fruit syrup
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (optional)
- For the topping:
- 100g dairy-free 70% dark chocolate, melted
- Freeze- dried raspberries
- Add all the ingredients to a pan and cook over a low heat, mashing the raspberries as you mix.
- Once all the ingredients are melted and the mixture is well combined, take off the heat.
- Transfer into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper and spread with a spoon.
- Freeze for 2 hours then slice into 8-10 bars.
- Coat with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some dried raspberries.
- Refrigerate to allow the chocolate to set.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for a month
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!