These gluten-free crepes are packed full of natural protein and healthy fats. When combined with smoked salmon and natural yoghurt they really are a winning relaxing Sunday Brunch combination.
I normally tend to favour sweet crepes (no surprise there right?!), but I had some left over smoked salmon therefore opted for a savoury take on my standard crepes. What makes it easier is the general crepe recipe is the same either way. Except for an added ingredient; wheatgrass.
Not only does wheatgrass give it the cool green colour, it is a natural source of fibre, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins A, E and B12, calcium, selenium, iron and more. A powerhouse breakfast when you consider the omega 3 you’ll also get from the smoked salmon and egg!
The crepe mixture itself is only 200 calories and contains 20g Protein. The recipe is also low in carbohydrates if you are fancying a lighter breakfast/ brunch. Check out the recipe below…..
- 1 Egg
- 80g Egg Whites (2 egg whites)
- Tbsp Quark
- 3 Tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Tsp Wheatgrass flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Optional Toppings: Quark, Smoked Salmon, Dill, Pumpkin Seeds
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl and whisk together
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and pour in some of the mixture to coat the pan
- Fry until the edges are pealing up and then flip and fry the other side
- Top with the quark, smoked salmon, pumpkin seeds and sprinkle with dill
As always I’d love to see your pictures if you try the recipe. Tag me in them on Instagram; cleanleanbakes! Enjoy xx
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!