I think I have these crepes at least once a week for breakfast. I alternate between this vegan recipe and my other Crepe recipe which isn’t Vegan Chocolate Protein Crepes largely just depending on what ingredients I have.
You’ll need only 4 ingredients for this recipe:
- Protein Powder- I used Strawberry flavour
- Buckwheat Flour (can use coconut flour or regular gluten free flour)
- Almond Milk (could also use another plant based milk)
- Coconut Oil
I then switch up the flavours of the crepes through didn’t protein powders and toppings. For the toppings on these crepes I added low sugar white chocolate and berries with zero calorie white chocolate sauce and syrup! It was devine! However, feel free to top these crepes with whatever you have in your cupboards or fancy that day!
I used Nuzest Protein Powder in the recipe and you can use code ‘vicky10’ to get 10% off if you want to try it out 🙂
Heres the recipe:
- ½ cup / 60g of Buckwheat flour (or any flour of your choice)
- ¼ cup 10g of Vegan Protein Powder (I used strawberry flavour)
- 200ml Almond Milk (you may need more depending on the batter)
- Tbsp Coconut Oil + extra for frying
- Toppings: vegan yoghurt, white chocolate, berries etc
- Mix the flour and protein powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and very gradually start adding in milk (60 ml / ¼ cup at a time) whisking the whole time. Whisk well after each addition to ensure that there are no lumps in the batter. Initially the batter will look thick and gloopy, but it will start looking like a crêpe batter with every milk addition.
- Whisk in the coconut oil , and adjust the amount of milk to ensure the batter is the right consistency – it should be runny, but should coat the back of the spoon.
- Heat up a medium (I used 24 cm / 9.5 ” pan) non-stick pan on a medium heat. Brush the pan with a small amount of oil to make sure that the pancakes do not stick. Take the pan into your hand (off the stove) and pour a thin layer of batter into the pan and swivel it well to form a thin, round crêpe. Put the pan back on the stove and cook until the crêpe no longer sticks to the pan and can be flipped to the other side. Once flipped, cook the crêpe on the other side for another minute or so.
- Put cooked crepes in a stack so that they do not dry out and become brittle.
- Once ready to serve, serve with the toppings
What's Your Reaction?
Hi, I’m Vicky and I created this blog to hopefully pass on my passion for baking up yummy healthy creations. Eating healthy and exercising is a big part of my lifestyle and something that is very important to me. Thanks for reading!